Sit & Go tournaments are a great way to make money. Not only that, they are also a great way to becoming a better poker player. One of the benefits of playing online is that you play poker, poker and more poker. There’s no talk involved -well, almost none-, no dealer shuffling cards and no players staring you down. It’s the best way to learn to recognize the patterns in the way people play their cards.
But that’s something for another tip.
What I want to talk about today is your battle plan. Some very simple poker tips that you must follow to profit most from finishing in the money. Since you won’t finish in the money all the time, you will have to make sure that when you do, it is enough to make you a profit.
- First you have to play tight from the beginning. In the beginning the blinds are small so you’ve got the time to play premium hands only. Don’t take a risk trying to double up early because doubling up in the first few minutes isn’t worth that much. Even worst; going out in first place costs you money (since you can’t finish in the money anymore), so don’t.
- So you have to play tight. Then, when the blinds go up and players are starting to fall off, you gradually loosen up. If you’ve played tight enough in the beginning you should have a tight image, so you can steal some blinds every now and then. Since the blinds are getting bigger and players get eliminated, it gets more expensive to fold so stealing some blinds gets ever more important.
- Play small pots only, unless you’ve got the nuts (or close to it). Just make sure the competition doesn’t catch you doing it. Until you get to the money you got to keep it cheap. Don’t get suckered into bluffing yourself all-in, because one of those bluffs is going to cost you the tournament.
- Play for third. Don’t look at first or second place yet, just get to third. No matter how.
- Once you get to third, play for first. Don’t tighten up trying to get to second. Screw second. The difference in payout between finishing second and first is so big that is pays to gamble for first, even if it means ending up third sometimes.
If you stick to these guidelines you’re sure to finish in the money more often and get the maximum profit from your money finishes. So why are you waiting for, go and Play Omaha Online and get your chance to win maximum profit.